Thursday, December 30, 2010

Amazon Customer Service Rocks

I buy from Amazon every chance I get versus their competition. In many cases the prices are cheaper, but not always, especially compared to some super-cheap websites. However, when I have a problem with an order, Amazon customer service always comes through.

Refunds are a snap, as are exhanges. On Christmas day, they had a special where the top 10 CD downloads for 2010 were $3.99 each. My wife and I had the original Katy Perry CD and decided to pick up the new one, Teenage Dream, since it was on the list.

When the charge came through on my credit card though, it was the full $7.99. I headed to my account at Amazon, hit the contact us button and explained the problem via their online form.

Within an hour, I got the following reply:

I'm sorry you had a problem with price of "Teenage Dream [Explicit]" by Katy Perry, purchased from the Amazon MP3 store.
Because of the circumstances, I've issued a refund for $7.99. Please keep the MP3 as a gift from Amazon.com. This refund should go through within the next 2 to 3 business days and will apply to the payment method used for the original purchase.
The credit hit this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Comments may be delayed for moderation just to keep the spammers out. I'll approve them as soon as possible. Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.