Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The End Of An Era

I first got this Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC as a gift when I was an editor at Pocket PC Thoughts way back in 2003. It served as my primary device for at least 2 years, even though I purchased others. Even after I eventually moved on, this device remained my alarm clock until two weeks ago.

I never could get my other Windows Mobile/Phone devices to be an effective alarm clock because if the sound was on, I'd get email and text notifications during the night. If the sound was off, then the alarm wouldn't sound. Pretty useless huh?

That changed with iOS 6 though. The new Do Not Disturb setting and the ability to play an MP3 file for my alarm has made me switch to my iPad as my primary alarm clock. The reason I don't use my iPhone is you cannot have vibrate set to on for calls but off for alarms, and I despise vibrating alarms, so the iPad is the best choice. It is always by my bed and goes with me on trips.

Farewell iPaq. You served me well for almost a decade. How many other gadgets can make that kind of claim?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Comments may be delayed for moderation just to keep the spammers out. I'll approve them as soon as possible. Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.